BASICS Scotland are currently looking for an Assistant Clinical Director with a view to the successful applicant replacing the current Medical Director of the organisation on their retirement.
Post: Assistant Clinical Director
Responsible to: Medical Director
Hours: 1 day per week
Term: 3 Year Fixed Term Contract
Salary: Negotiable based on experience. Secondment from current employer would be considered.
Location: BASICS Scotland Office, Aberuthven, PH3 1EL
Closing date for applications: Monday 27th June 2016
Expected dates for interview: 5th & 12th July 2016
BASICS Scotland was established in 2002 to provide high quality immediate care training to health professionals in Scotland. We provide a variety of educational courses including immediate medical care courses, pre hospital paediatric care courses, major incident courses and emergency medicine courses.
BASICS Scotland receives funding from NHS Education Scotland (NES) to provide immediate care courses to health professionals working in remote and rural areas of Scotland.
We are currently looking to recruit an Assistant Clinical Director to work 1 day per week. This post is for a fixed term of three years with a view to the successful applicant replacing the current Medical Director of the organisation on their retirement.
The post holder will have specific responsibility for the recruitment of pre-hospital care responders for BASICS Scotland and for the clinical governance of the organisation. Skills and experience required for this post include:
- Applicants should be a registered Nurse, Paramedic or Doctor.
- Have a history of providing pre-hospital care in the United Kingdom.
- Experience in teaching and development of educational material.
- Knowledge of Remote and Rural Healthcare.
- Experience in health care related research.
- Knowledge of the structure and organisations tasked with healthcare provision in Scotland.
- Knowledge and experience of Clinical Governance in the NHS.
- Experience in dealing with a variety of stakeholders involved with pre-hospital care.
For further information, please contact Dr Colville Laird at firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively, call Dr Laird for an informal chat on 01764 663671.
To apply please supply your C.V. with a covering letter marked in confidence to:
Dr. Colville Laird
Aberuthven Enterprise Park
Perth & Kinross
Alternatively email you application directly to Dr. Laird: email@example.com