Next Tele-education Course:
Starts April 8th 2019!
Course cost: £150 for non-members / £135 for BASICS Scotland members
BASICS Scotland is introducing a new approach to delivering Tele-education. This new format will see the introduction of pre-recorded weekly content as well as the new case study discussion weeks!
What are the changes?
Each weekly lesson will now contain a pre-recorded presentation by our specialty doctor in emergency medicine Karyn Webster which will be available to view as soon as the lesson is released!
Case study discussion weeks will take place after every three lessons – a live presentation will be scheduled to take place during that week. Everyone is encouraged to attend this live session as it will be your opportunity to interact with Karyn, ask questions, and submit your own case studies for discussion in relation to topics from the previous three lessons.
Lessons will still be released weekly through the BASICS Scotland E-learning site and participants will be notified through email when new content is available to view. Live sessions will also still be delivered through Adobe Connect and instructions for getting this set up will be provided.
Sounds great, where do I sign up?
If you are interested in participating in the upcoming Paediatric Tele-education course which starts the 8th April 2019, please click the links above and complete an application form or view and download a flyer.
The closing date for registration is Friday 5th April 2019.
The schedule for the upcoming Paediatric Tele-education:
- Mon 08/04 – Week 1 – Asthma
- Mon 15/04 – Week 2 – LRTI – Bronchiolitis – Pertusis – Viral Illnesses
- Mon 22/04 – Week 3 – Croup – Epiglotitis – Sore Throats
- Mon 29/04 – Week 4 – Case Study Discussion (Live session on Thu 02/05 7-8pm)
- Mon 06/05 – Week 5 – Child with Fever & Meningitis
- Mon 13/05 – Week 6 – Spotting the Sick Child
- Mon 20/05 – Week 7 – Skin Conditions & Anaphylaxis
- Mon 27/05 – Week 8 – Case Study Discussion (Live session on Tue 28/05 7-8pm)
- Mon 03/06 – Week 9 – Introduction to Diabetes & Seizures in Children
- Mon 10/06 – Week 10 – Paediatric Head Injury
- Mon 17/06 – Week 11 – Pre-hospital Paediatric Pain Relief
- Mon 24/06 – Week 12 – Case Study Discussion (Live session on Tue 25/06 7-8pm)
- Sun 11/08 – Course closure date